The increasing number of international travelers is likely to drive the market’s growth. Fortune Business InsightsTM has presented this information in its report titled, “Travel Retail Market, 2022-2029”. The market size stood at USD 51.28 billion in 2021 and USD 55.74 billion in 2022.
- Lagardere Travel Retail (Lagardere Group) (France)
- DFS Group Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- Dufry AG (Basel, Switzerland)
- King Power International Group (Thailand)
- Aer Rianta International (Ireland)
- The Nuance Group AG (Switzerland)
- Lotte Duty Free (Lotte Hotel) (South Korea)
- Heinemann SE & Co. KG (U.S.)
- China Duty Free Group Co. Ltd. (CDFG) (China)
- Flemingo (South Korea)
If you’re looking for a car wash near you, be sure to check out, car wash near me Many of these washes offer great deals on car washes and other services, so it’s a great way to start if you need a car wash.
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Number of International Travelers to Boost Market Growth
The growing product demand due to the rising numbers of international and domestic travelers is likely to bolster the travel retail market growth. The improving income levels and increasing expenditure on travel by the millennial population are anticipated to be key factors stimulating the market growth. The data released by World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) in November 2021 estimated a 34.9% surge in the French travel & tourism industry in 2021.
The launch of promotional campaigns by key companies to lure customers into buying duty-free commodities is likely to uptick product demand and boost travel retail.
The rising adoption of eco-friendly and sustainable practices, including biodegradable packaging, reduction and recycling, and others, by air travel retailers, is predicted to complement the market growth.
- It delivers details about the market in-depth and offers vital information on various market segments: product type, sales channels, sectors, and others.
- It provides information on current trends in travel retail.
- It highlights major industry advancements.
- It includes various direct and indirect variables that complement the market’s growth.
- It includes a detailed review of the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the market.
On the basis of product type, the market is fragmented into fashion & accessories, tobacco products, confectionery & fine foods, beverages, cosmetics, and others. On the basis of sales channel, the market is segmented into border downtown hotel shops, seaport & cruise line shops, airport & airline shops, and others. Geographically, the market is classified into South America, North America, the Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific, and Europe.
Asia Pacific to Hold the Lion’s Share
Europe is likely to exhibit substantial growth in the coming years.
The Europe market is driven by increasing penetration of eco-friendly products. Led by the U.K. and Germany, educators and parents are increasingly adopting greener products to minimize the risk of health issues involved with the use of hazardous and synthetic materials. In 2020, the U.K. accounted for the largest regional share.
The rising consumer expenditure on travel and tourism will foster growth in North America.
The improving income levels of the middle-class populace will support growth in the Middle East & Africa.
Key Players Emphasize E-commerce Adoption to Expand Businesses Globally
The major players operating in the market emphasize the adoption of e-commerce to expand their businesses globally. Recently, in November 2021, Pernod Richard, a beverage company based in France, unveiled its first boutique in China’s Shenzhen Duty-free Group Haikou.
Key Industry Developments-
October 2021: Lagardere Switzerland formed a partnership with Inflyter to introduce fully digital automated solutions at Geneva Airport, Switzerland.